Pages

Saturday 19 January 2013

Cultural exchange: Naseeruddin Shah wraps up in Lahore


Indian movie star Naseeruddin Shah’s exclusive performance at the Al-Hamra Arts complex here has successfully come to an end. Limited media access was granted to cover the event but a tired yet elated Shah readily shared his thoughts about his visit.

“Friendship has to start from somewhere, and I am talking about the start,” said Shah.

The performance was titled ‘Ismat Apa ke Naam’ and was hosted by the Al-Hamra Arts Council and the Faiz Foundation Trust, in collaboration with Motley. The play, also directed by Shah, was meant to celebrate the legacy of Ismat Khanum Chughtai .


“I have not had this much fun in my entire life,” he said, speaking about the performance. “Theatre is my life, the performance was one of our best and a reason for this was the audience of Lahore.”

Shah said that he has continually tried to contribute to the film industry in Pakistan in whatever capacity possible. “If I could do something I would; I have done two films, and hopefully in the future I will do more, I am not a producer but whatever abilities I have, I am giving,” he said.


He added that he wants to encourage cultural exchange on a personal level. “I will encourage artists from Pakistan also to visit; I think these sort collaborations are good for person-to-person contact.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...